Your safety is important. You are important. If you are in immediate danger, call 911 (US), 112 (in Europe and parts of Asia), or your local emergency line.
Suicide & Self-Harm Prevention
- The Trevor Project: for LGBTQ youth; contact via call, chat or text
- Trans Lifeline: peer support phone service for trans and questioning peers (US & Canada)
- US Suicide Prevention Lifeline: call or chat (US, not LGBTQ-specific)
Other LGBT Helplines
- Mermaids (UK): non-profit supporting trans and nonbinary youth. Helpline available M-F 9am-9pm via phone (0808 801 0400) or webchat. 24/7 support by texting MERMAIDS to 85258.
- Switchboard (UK): LGBT+ helpline to discuss any topic, including identity, sexual health, and emotional health. Available 10am to 10pm every day via phone (0300 330 0630) or chat.
Sexual Assault or Abuse
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network): call 800-656-4673 or chat (US, not LGBTQ-specific, but offer LGBTQ-affirming care)
- FORGE (For Ourselves: Reworking Gender Expression): resources for trans and non-binary survivors, including support for sexual violence and harassment
- Planned Parenthood: both LGBTQ-specific and general health resources, such as HIV and STI testing, hormone therapy, birth control, and support groups
- PreP Locator: national directory of providers of HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) (US)
- CDC testing site locator: resource from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to find a site for STD, STI, and HIV testing
Addiction & Recovery
- Gays and Lesbians in Alcoholics Anonymous (GaL-AA): for LGBT+ members of the Alcoholics Anonymous program with information on finding an LGBT+ AA meeting, including online meetings
- Narcotics Anonymous: not LGBTQ-specific, offers some LGBTQ+ special interest groups depending on location
- Al-Anon: support for those impacted by someone else’s substance abuse (not LGBTQ-specific)
- Managed Moderation: guided self-help for learning to moderate drinking, offers LGBTQ+ online meetings on Wednesdays
- National Council on Problem Gambling: chat, call, or text 1-800-522-4700 for support with problem gambling (US, not LGBTQ-specific)
- GSA Network: resources for finding or starting a GSA (Gay/Straight Alliance) at your school
- GLSEN: support for LGBTQ students K-12 through youth programs and resources for educators
- TrevorSpace: an affirming online community for LGBTQ young people ages 13-24, created by The Trevor Project
- Q Chat Space: an online community for LGBTQ+ teens
- SAGE (US): advocates and provides resources for LGBTQ elders. 24/7 hotline available at 877-360-LGBT (877-360-5428).
Allies, Friends, & Family
- PFLAG: support for parents and family of LGBTQ+ people, including 400 local chapters across the US
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
- LGBT National Help Center: Call center that refers to over 15,000 resources across the country that support LGBTQ individuals. Call 888-843-4564 (see glbtnationalhelpcenter.org for hours) or visit glbtnearme.org to find local resources.